- Loyalty Card membership is open to UK residents, aged 18 or over.
- The Loyalty card cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount card.
- A Loyalty Card entitles the holder to accumulate points for every £1 spent on any food and drink purchased and consumed on the premises.
- Scheme redemption, rewards and offers can only be accessed once a Loyalty Card is fully registered with a minimum of 300 points accumulated.
- In order to collect points a card must be presented at the time of ordering. Failure to present a card will mean points cannot be collected.
- Loyalty points can be used against any food and drink purchase in full or in part. No physical cash change will be given; any remaining value will stay on the card.
- Once registered, any points and currency earned expire 90 days after issue. Points and currency are non-transferable and carry no cash value.
- Card balance and points information can be obtained from staff at any till point.
- Cardholders may be asked to show ID when attempting to use the card. Cards may be retained if misuse or fraudulent use is suspected.
- Only one card can be held by a registered individual at any one time.
- By joining our loyalty scheme and registering your card and details with us, you agree to receive reward email and balance reminders as part of our loyalty account service.
- Your details and information about your transactions will be used by us to send you membership correspondence and to improve our service to you. We will never share personal data with any third party
- This card remains the property of Broden’s Bar & Kitchen
- The Company reserves the right to amend or terminate any loyalty schemes, or vary the terms of participation, or withdraw, any part of the scheme or offer without compensation at any time and without prior notice.
- Scheme organised by Brodens Bar & Kitchen 22 Main Road, Condorrat, Cumbernauld, G67 4BS. Tel: 01236 733383
- Brodens Bar & Kitchen will not be held liable for lost cards
Data Protection Statement
We follow the data Protection Act at all times when asking for or handling your information including: Personal data shall be processed fairly and lawfully. Data is processed only for the purpose(s) for which it was collected. … Data is kept secure against unauthorised access and loss or damage